Dhaka Metro Rail Ticket Price [Chart] How to Buy Ticket
Dhaka Metro Rail Ticket Price 2022: Bangladesh Dhaka Metro Rail Service Ticket Price Chart full details and Time Will be found Here. Most of Public are search for the Fare Price and Ticket Price Charge from One Station to Others Station of Dhaka Metro Rail, Bangladesh. The Dhaka Metro Rail Service Will be Start from 28 December 2022. Before that Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority Announced a Full List of Dhaka Metro Rail Fare Price and Details. The First Phase Metro Rail will run from Uttara to Agargaon and Agargaon to Uttara.
Let’s Go To The Right Section in…
Dhaka Metro Rail Ticket Price
According to Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority (DTCA), The fare from Uttara North Station (Diabari) to Agargaon Station will be Tk 60. There are seven more Metrorail stations in between. The fare from Uttara North Station to Uttara Center and Uttara South Station is the same, Tk. 20. Apart from this, the fare from the first station (North North) to Pallabi and Mirpur-11 stations is Tk 30, the fare to Mirpur-10 and Kazipara stations is Tk 40 and the fare to Sheorapara station is Tk 50.
Dhaka Metro Rail Fare Chart & Ticket Price
Road Transport and Bridges Minister said that The minimum fare for Dhaka metro rail was fixed at Tk20 and the maximum fare for travelling from Uttara to Motijheel at Tk100.
|Uttara North||Uttara Center||20|
|Uttara Center||Uttara South||20|
|Mirpur 11||Mirpur 10||20|
How to buy a metro rail ticket
Everyone has to buy ticket from counters said Managing Director MAN Siddique. From 29 December Passengers Will able to buy Rabid Passes and General Ticket from the counters. “A rapid pass will be issued for 10 years. People will have to apply online for a rapid pass,” he added.
There are two systems for ticketing for passengers who want to travel through metro rail in Dhaka — automated and manual.
In the automated system, passengers can get their tickets by themselves but one passenger will be allowed to get a maximum of five tickets at a time. The manual system follows the traditional method of buying tickets from the counter by paying cash, reports UNB.
Besides, passengers will get 10% discount on using smart cards. People with special needs will get the benefit of special discounts every time they travel.
How to Buy Ticket From Vending Machines
There will be two types of cards; one is permanent card and another is single journey card. Cards will be available at the metro rail stations in the beginning and the authorities concerned have taken initiative to appoint several firms to sell cards outside the stations.
The price of a 10-year permanent card is Tk 200 and it will require adequate recharge to avail the service. Registration for permanent cards will begin on DMTCL website on Thursday.
No registration will be required for a single journey card. A passenger can avail a card at the station before the journey and will have to submit before leaving the train.
A passenger has to follow several steps to buy tickets using the ticket vending machines available on the second floor of each metro rail station.
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
- After setting the language for the instruction, a passenger has to click the ‘single journey ticket’ option, following which, the starting station’s name will appear in green on the screen.
- A passenger must then select a destination. Information on the destination and the fare will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Then, the passenger will have to enter the number of tickets they are looking to buy at the bottom of the screen. Each passenger can buy up to five tickets at a time.
- After selecting the number of tickets, they have to press the ‘Okay’ button to proceed. Instructions will then appear about inserting money into a designated port.
- The machine will notify the customer about the amount of amount they have inserted.
- Once the correct amount has been inserted, the machine will print out the tickets from the bottom-left side of the screen, along with any change.
- Passengers cannot use large banknotes to pay a modest fare at the machine. The ticket machine screen will show the largest note one can use to pay a specific fare.
- If the passenger has no change for the metro rail ticket, they will be able to get help from the staff at the ticket counter.
- The ticket machines will accept any banknote used in Bangladesh, but worn-out or torn notes should not be inserted into the machine.